What is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE hair transplant, which stands for Follicular Unite Extraction, has been recently the most common used method in hair transplantation. In this technique, new and special medical devices are used to carry the hair roots from where hairs are dense to where it is sparse and since there is no cutting involved in the scalp, healing process is both faster and easier. In addition, as there is no cutting process involved, this technique is not considered a surgical operation. Therefore, this technique has been the most preferred both by the doctors and by the patients.
How is FUE Hair Transplantation Done?
FUE hair transplant may be the easiest and the safest among hair transplant techniques. Firstly, the areas where hair roots are dense and where they are scarce are determined by the doctor and his/her team who is going to do the operation. Later, the hair that is dense, meaning, the part where the grafts are going to be taken from, is cut shortly. Usually, this area where grafts are taken from is the nape. Local anaesthetics, in other words, regional anaesthesia is applied to this region and later, the procedure of taking grafts is started.
In FUE hair transplant technique, rather small devices with special tips are used. These devices are called FUE engines or FUE DE FUE engines. Thanks to this engine, grafts are taken without any damage or problems. Afterwards, room is made for these grafts in the areas where hair is scarce. Grafts are placed in the room made for them. As the doctor places the grafts to the desired areas, he/she also pays attention to the direction of the hair grows. Thus, hair transplant operation is completed without any problem.
Things to Pay Attention to Before the FUE Hair Transplant
- FUE hair transplant is not a surgical operation but it is nevertheless a treatment technique that is carried out under local anaesthetics. Therefore, there are many things the patients need to pay attention to before the hair transplant in order for them to feel the effect of the local anaesthesia better.
- Firstly, the patients need to stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol 1 to 2 weeks prior to the operation. Since alcohol would affect the amount of anaesthetics that need to be administered, if the patient has consumed alcohol recently, he/she needs to share this information with the anaesthetist.
If the patient uses medication on a regular basis, he/she needs to share the information about this medication with the anaesthetist and needs to have a blood test.
If the results of the blood test indicate any unexpected problem, the doctors have the right to cancel the hair transplant operation. Thus, the patients need to have the necessary examinations done and consult the anaesthetist.
The Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant
FUE hair transplant is a technique that has more advantages compared to the other techniques. In this hair transplant method, more hair roots compared to the other methods are transplanted to the areas where the hair is scarce at a single time. Therefore, the patients can see an efficient result in a short time. From 6 to 9 months after the procedure, hair starts to grow in a healthy way.
- Since there are no cuts involved in this operation, healing process of the patients is faster.
- No scar is brought about as a result of the transplant.
- The patients can quickly go back to their normal lives after this hair transplant operation.
- Since local anaesthetics are used during the operation, the patients feel no pain or aching under any circumstances.
- This hair transplant is performed relatively quickly compared to other methods and does not tire out the patient or the doctor.
When all these advantages are considered, FUE hair transplant method has recently become the most preferred method.
FUE Hair Transplant Cost
According to the developing technologies, the opportunities and approachability increased in every market parallel to the demands on it. Hair transplant is one of this market too. Increasing amount of patient and the number of qualified health proffessionals and mecidcal staff affecting the prices of this services also.
Compared to the past years; we can clearly say that, fue hair transplant cost decreased significantly. Of course the patients baldness ratio, medical condition and the donor areas convenience effects the total amount of price. But in overall, the prices are still remarkable.